Friday, April 9, 2010

DC Adventures

Blake and I traveled to DC to visit Uncle Chris and to see the cherry blossoms. I decided last minute to take the acela train instead of driving. I still had some items left over from my "bag of tricks" I used on our recent flight. Blake has taken an interest in the Clifford books and I found the perfect one for our trip.
The entire time Blake kept saying "go in grass". He just wanted to run and run.
One of my favorite parts of the trip was this tulip garden.
Running.
It was so hot outside people were cooling off by putting their feet in the fountains at the World War II memorial. Blake kept trying to jump all the way in!
Snow cone break.
The oval office.
Uncle Chris gave Blake an early birthday present. A puzzle of the United States indicating red/blue states.
Apparently it had been windy in DC and most of the cherry blossoms were gone! We did find a couple of trees that were still intact.
We went all the way to the FDR memorial to check out the statue of his dog "Fala". It was featured in the Clifford Goes to Washington book and was Blake's favorite part. We got to the statue and Blake refused to get out of his stroller!
Abe
I called Julie to wish her a Happy Birthday today and she told me she was in DC for a meeting. We were able to get on the same return train. We caught up and Blake slept the entire ride home. He didn't wake up until we were in the taxi line! Happy Birthday Julie and thank you Uncle Chris for a fun time!

No comments: